Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Music ATC


Hey everybody,

Today, I wanted to share my ATCs I made with Music as the theme for Challenge chic ATC swap.
My SIL had sent me some Tim Holtz masks from the US and I have used the music mask to make these ATCs. I have also used various colors of Tim Holtz's distress inks on the masks.
What I did was I used the mask on a 8.5 x 11 inch cardstock and sponged the inks randomly and then cut out 3 x 2 inch size cards out of the CS. I have then used Note punch from Stampin' up! on one side to give the notebook effect and matted it on 3.5 x 2.5 inch black cardstock. Stamp is from Stampin' Up! Upsy Daisy set. I have also used my favourate oval and scalloped oval punch for the sentiment and polka dot ribbon from my stash.

I liked how it turned out. Love the blend of different bright colors.
I have to make 3 sets of ATCs this month. One on Shabby Chic, another one using distressing as the technique and another one using emboss resist as the technique.
I cannot wait to start on them. A lot of light bulbs glowing over my head.
Its very funny, I was driving down to school today and I had a light bulb glow and I had to say it loud what the idea was! Otherwise I will forget it. My kids were like What?Mom!!! what you are saying does not make sense! ( they were having a totally different conversation). I was like "ignore what I said. it does not concern you!!!" I think my kids must have thought mom is going mad...lol!!!! Thats how I am right now. Just had a light bulb glow!

Anyway, I wanted to thank all those who sent me birthday cards and wishes. Very sweet and thoughtful of you all. All your cards are gorgeous. I had nice relaxing day. My Dh as usual on call but he bought me iNano (been wanting one for a long time) Kids were very well behaved on the day (they are generally) and they are going to buy me something today. Going shopping with daddy as daddy was available only today to take them out. So I am still celebrating my birthday lol!!! Thanks once again for all your wishes. Feels nice to have so many friends ( where is the smiley face?)

OK, I will have to leave you here today as I am going to start making the ATCs as well as go to the post office today. And to Woolworths and to target. OMG!! I better go.
Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

No comments: