Saturday, September 19, 2009

Makeesha Byl's Sketch challenge #13


Good morning everybody,

Another saturday morning. Hectic as usual.
But before I go, I thought I will blog my take on Makeesha Byl's Sketch challenge #13.
This is her sketch for this week.


I had one look at it and then I knew I have to use the Sense of time stamp set from the new Spring Mini Stampin Up! catalogue and my square punches.
Here is my take on the sketch.


I used the emboss resist technique for this card.

CS: Not quite Navy (photo does not show the color at all! Weird!) and Very Vanilla.
Stamp set: Sense of time from the new Spring mini catalogue
and En francis background stamp

Inks: Not quite navy and Chocolate chip
Accessories: Versamark, clear embossing powder, sponge,
edge distressor, heat gun and blue bling brad.

All products from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for a wonderful sketch once again, Makeesha.
One day I hope to do the color challenge as well!
Thanks for stopping by

Hugs

7 comments:

Jo said...

I love your take on this sketch - the emboss resist is very effective, and matting on dark cardstock brings out the images beautifully, Jo

Anonymous said...

I love this technique, but have never done it myself, I should give it a go! Great card!

Byl Family... said...

OH love the emboss resist on those clock stamps...very effective indeed! Thanks so much for playing! love Keesh x

Chantal Fleming said...

A great looking card. The emboss resist looks fab. Great job! - Chantal

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Gayatri! I haven't got this set. But I have seen some wonderful things done with it. Well done!

Krista said...

Great card !!

Genelle Little said...

This is absolutely stunning, Gayatri - I don't have this set but now I want it! Such an elegant card.