Monday, April 12, 2010

One card for two challenges

Morning everybody,

I have a card today for two challenges. I took the sketch from Clean and Simple blog - FTL #85 and the colors from Makeesha's Inkspiration challenge #20 to make this card. 


 
I associated these two challenges based on the autumn colors from the photo and the leaves from the sketch. I love the colors from the photo, Very earthy and I have never disliked a sketch from CAS blog. All of them are wonderful sketches. Here is the card I made for both the challenges.


Materials used: CS: SU's Soft Suede and More Mustard, DSP: SU"s Autumn Traditions, Stamp Set: PTI' Fancy Flourishes and Say it with Style, SU's Vintage Vogue, Martha Stewart's border punch, Kaisercraft's black rhinestones, Inks: SU' Soft Suede and Yoyo Yellow and ribbon from stash.

Thanks for the awesome challenges. I have a huge collection of cards now. Its time for me organise them.
What is the best and cheapest way to organise them? I am thinking more of categorising them, use cardstocks as dividers and tag punch for naming the category. Put them in a rectangle basket or box and sort the card!
I am interested to see how you all have organised your card collections.

Hugs
 

7 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You did a terrific job with this. The flourishes are a nice backdrop to your flowers.

Chantelle said...

Beautiful work - love all the details - the ribbons is beautiful.
I use the Creative Memories photo box to store all my cards - they have dividers so you can catagorize them.

Jen Carter said...

This is great! Very pretty!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a great way to use Vintage Vogue. I too will be interested in hearing how people organise their cards as mine are just in a box!

Julie said...

Love how this card 'pops'! Beautiful!
I have one big box for all the gorgeous cards I've received in 'sender' category and then another box (not very big) of some stuff I've done but am very much over, lol. Don't know if they'll ever see the light of day again! All my other cards are made and then given away.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the rich colors and ribbon! Great job with FTL 85!

♥♥♥Lea

Amy Buchanan said...

just beautiful Gayatri. I'm loving the Suede with the oranges....