Sunday, August 22, 2010

PDCC # 43

Morning everybody,
Berry nice Sunday morning. Sun is shining and not very hot either. Just watching "Total Drama Action" on ABC3 channel. Its a spook about the reality shows on TV. Previously there was "Total Drama Island" a spook on "Survivor". Total fun.. Although its kids animated program, its is so funny and we as a family enjoy it. Watch it if you get a chance :)
Anyway, I had a chance to make a card for the Play Date Cafe Challenge #43. Here is the inspirational photo and color of this week's challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge.



Again, I have used the same sketch as the card on my previous post. Thats because I am using the bits and pieces from my tray. Its so easy to make. Just collect the colors of cardstock and pattern paper you want. Cut them to sizes, add texture, layer them, add embellishments & sentiment and ta da you are done 10 minutes! The only thing that delayed completing the card was the crystal effects on the heart shapes.

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI's Stamper's Select White and Hawaiian Shores, SU's Gable Green.
DSP: PTI's Green Boutique and Green Tea Leaves 
Stampset:PTI's Lily of the Month and Tin Types 
Inkpads:Stazon Black ink and SU's Gable Green and PTI's Hawaiian Shores
Accessories: SU's embossing folder,PTI'sHawaiian Shores ribbon, EK Success donut punch, SU's Heart shape punches, Kaisercraft rhinestones, crystal effects and white gel pen.

Thanks for another amazing color challenge. I like doing these challenges. I have got couple of wedding invitation samples I made for an order. Will share with you later today for your opinion.
Have a great weekend!
Cheers!

12 comments:

Melissa said...

So pretty, Gayatri! I love your mix of papers and patterns and the hearts are so cute! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Cathy Weber said...

Gayatri this is such a pretty card. You used beautiful papers and I love the sparkle. One of the little gems on your card actually twinkle from the flash. You did a really great job interpreting this challenge.

Suzanne C said...

Love the various patterns and embossing mixed with the colors. Beautiful card! Glad you joined us again at the PDCC!

Jill said...

Another wonderful card, Gayatri!! I'm am definitely giving this a try! Love these colors, and your heart embellishment is soooo cute!

Kara said...

beautiful card...great way to use up all of those scraps!

Ruby said...

Yummy card! Great use of our colours, really striking! I love the different panels and patterns! Thanks for joining us this week at the PDCC!

Unknown said...

Very interesting card, so many patterns yet all came beautifully together! well done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful TOY card! Love all the different panel elements you added. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Laurie said...

Beautiful card!! I love the layers!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That embossing is beautiful! I love how you did it with two colors--so FAB! CLEVER! I love those hearts too--coming out of one! Beautifully done:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Julie C. said...

Just passing by... I love your card. So pretty!! Julie x

Unknown said...

So pretty, Gayatri! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!