Friday, September 24, 2010

A big thank you....

Hello again everybody! Yesterday, my son came home from school and told me that his class teacher wants a big thank you card made for his assistant teacher who was leaving. Well, here is what I came up with...


I love this layout because its easy to do and give me the flexibility to use many stamp sets, textures and colors.


I so love the ruler ribbon and embossed script and the chalkboard effect on black cardstock.


I just folded the A4 cardstock in half and made the card. The "Thank you" sentiment is embossed green American Craft embossing powder.


I also made an envelope for the card using DSP.


The class teacher was so happy with it. The kids will sign today and give the assistant teacher the card with a little gift. Hope she likes it!
Ok, got to go and get the kids ready for school. Until next time....
Cheers!

4 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Your card looks like it was such fun to make. Lots of elements with the stamping, embossing, etc. The school time set really came in handy for this card. Very nice.

Kara said...

great card!! i love the envelope!!

Priya Venkat Designs said...

A big sized card this is! I suppose it needed to be to hold all the messages by the children. A beautiful creation, Gayatri.

Miriam said...

What a lovely card! I just love all the texture and layers and the chalkboard effect is SO fitting!