Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I love Bicycles


Yes, I love love bicycles. I used to ride to school and enjoyed the breeze on my face. I still do. When time permits I ride my bicycle with my DD riding besides me. We have great time chatting and bonding with each other. 
I was on the lookout for bicycle stamp set and Dana from PTI forum  introduced me to this set called "The Whole Cycle" from Practicing Creativity. I loved it and in about couple of weeks the set was in my mailbox. I could not wait to ink them. Here is my card using the bicycle stamp from the set.


You know after a lot of thought, I have finally decided my style is CAS with one or two layers. No more shabby chic style layering for me. Its bulky and the layers fall off after a while. I am going to get rid of all fancy embellishments and pattern papers I have been hoarding for years now. That will give me more space and therefore I know what I have and not drown in papers.... flowers..... I did get rid of many SU stamps because I was not using them. There is more to go. I cannot believe I had accumulated to many of them.
Anyway, now that I have the light tent and been taking picture using it, I have this confusion on choosing one photo to put on the blog! All of them look nice :) So I am adding another photo of the card as I could not decide which one to use.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day. Happy Diwali :)

Luv!

9 comments:

euna said...

Such a lovely job you've done on the card! Love the distressed/aged look. And that bike is cute! Love the little flowers ;) Good luck with the clean out!

June K said...

Isn't it great when we find a stamp that expresses our interests?

Funny you should mention you feel you have found CAS to be your style. I recently came to that conclusion too. And it is amazing how much faster making holiday cards is going with less layers.

Arlene said...

Subh Diwali!

Great card Gayatri! I am starting to think that I like CAS style better...I feel so much pressure whenever I try to add lots of layers and embellishments. Glad you came to the realization...makes creating so much more fun!

Karen said...

Oooooooo I'm LOVIN' that stamp set!!! Your card is lovely and I agree CAS cards are just the best AND your photo tent seems to be working a treat!

Karen
x

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Almost has a monochromatic color (except for the red flowers) The shading of the background is great.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely! Riding my bicycle is one of my very favourite things!

Kara said...

love this bike!! great card!

Rebecca said...

I like the first pic best...the colors (to me) appear more rich. Congrats on cleaning out your stash. I recently came to the same realization. It was so freeing to rid the product I knew I'd never use...then you don't have the pressure of trying to fit it in where it isn't wanted.

Tee said...

Beautiful card..I adore bicycle stamps and would love to own one myself...have been going back and forth over the hero arts and the Unity bicycle stamps!! and now you introduce me to another gorgeous one!! ooh choices are so hard to make!!
I have adopted the CAS style long ago..I couldn't deal with layers..