Saturday, January 21, 2012

RIC #4


I dreamt of rainbows and dragons last night!!! Weird isn't it? Don't know how the association between rainbows and dragons came about but I dreamt of them together. 
 
Last night on the News they were talking about chinese new year celebrations and the next lunar year is year of dragons. Then my DD was thrilled because she is into dragons at the moment. She completed all of  Chris D Lacey's Dragon Chronicles series and now into Aerogon by Christopher Paolini.She also makes dragons using clay at home. So her room is full of dragons. I wouldn't want to sleep in her room. I will definitely get frightened at night if I wake up to see dragons everywhere lol! That is where the dragons came from.
 
But how rainbows came into the dream! I don't know. Don't remember the full dream vivdly but this one thing.  I remember about the butterflies flying around and when they flew on the rainbow they changed their colours into rainbow colours. Totally camourflaged. So when I woke up, I went straight to my craft table and put this part of my dream into a card :) 

Rainbow butterfly card

Here is the close up of the butterfly which I adhered using foam squares.

Rainbow butterfly card

Supplies:
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy, Golden Harvest, Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky and Hibiscus Burst from Papertrey Ink.
Stamp set : Flight of a Butterfly from Papertrey Ink
Inks: Stazon Black Ink
Accessories: Signature series butterfly and butterfly dies from Papertry Ink, Cuttlebug.



Thanks for visiting!

Pin It

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Gayatri this card is so stunning! Love it!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is stunning. I love the rainbow with the butterflies and layers.

Unknown said...

Fabulous! You are one crazy dreamer:) love the card!

M said...

Gorgeous! M x

Mayol said...

What an awesome card! So flawless, the way the butterflies seem to come out.

Kara said...

this is so awesome!! love it!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!!! This is absolutely stunning!

Kelly S. said...

This is a reeeealllly cool design, Gayatri! I just love how the butterfly is cut into the strips of color...SO perfect with your sentiment, wow!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Ohh...the dimension on the butterfly is awesome! Thanks for playing along with the Runway Inspired Challenge!

suszu said...

This is a really beautiful card

JJ Bolton said...

What a stunner! Absolutely perfect for the challenges!

Jen W. said...

What a "dreamy" card! Love those rainbow butterflies. :)

Cristina said...

Another stunner.

maria f. said...

Bright and cheery but also very clean and striking!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Gayatri! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)