Saturday, April 28, 2012

CAS-ual Friday #50


Hello everybody, 

What a beautiful weekend? Weather is awesome. Cloudy but chilly. A great day to get out and about. That is what I am going to do today and followed by making some changes on my blog.

Well, yesterday's shopping did not go so well. My town strandbag sold out on that particular handbag and the salesperson called other stores to find if there are any but no luck so far. The next restock is in July!!! Oh well, it is not a disaster :) I still have an unused 40% off voucher. Sad to let it lapse:( But I think I saved that 60% for next craft shopping :)

Anyway, here is a card I made for CAS-ual Friday challenge. I tell you, I cannot wait to start designing for them. Just one more week to go :)
 Here is this week's challenge


And here is my take on the challenge


Supplies:
Cardstock: Orange colour card and envelopes from local store.
Stamp sets: Simply Sunflower, Modern Basics and Pretty Peonies from PTI
Inks: Papaya and Grass from Amuse Inks and Cup'o Joe from Hero Arts aand Archival Jet Black Ink
Accesories: Simply Sunflower dies from PTI and sanding block.
 
This card too has a white core and when you sand the edges, you can see it and give a beautiful subtle border. Love it. I have used CAS-ual Friday sketch from last week to make this card.
 
Thanks for visiting! 
See you soon with a toot and a card :)
 
Until then... Ta!

Pin It

14 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Wow, stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Dawn T said...

such a striking card Gayatri. Can't wait to see what you inspire us with in the coming weeks.

Steph Mitchell said...

I'm not a particular fan of orange (although my son was for a few years in his teens) but you make it look stunning!! Gorgeous card!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Congrats on becoming a Girl Friday at CAS-ual Fridays! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations! Love the bright red and the big bold yellow flowers on this card!

Susie said...

Gorgeous card. Very stunning.

Deb said...

Beautiful card! I loved last week's sketch, too. I know you'll see it on my blog in the future ;)

Karen C. said...

I love the way you've used an orange panel on top of the orange card base. I'm going to use that idea in the future!! I still haven't used my Sunflower set ... must get it inky!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Christina said...

So bold and cheerful! I love the sanded white frame.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely vibrant card Gayatri. Looking forward to the new CAS-ual Friday's team.

Lisa A. said...

This is beautiful, Gayatri!! LOVE the sunflowers against the orange...such a lovely pop of color:)!!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, love the bright bold orange a - it really shows off the pretty yellow sunflowers - sorry about your handbag :(

Jen W. said...

Love the bold red background!

Michele Gross said...

What a wonderful project! I'm so glad you joined the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

Very pretty!