Sunday, July 22, 2012

Marbleized Tie n Dye Technique.


Hello everybody, 

I found some time this afternoon to play using a techniques tutorial shown at Stamp-a Faire at Papertrey Ink. T his tutorial is called Marbleized Tie n Dye.
Well, I went through my husband's vanity and did not find shaving cream! Found only shaving gel! What a disaster? I am not going to buy a shaving cream. So I decided to try using the gel. To my surprise, it did work. I loved the marble effect. So cool and looked like modern art. Wow!
 I made a set of cards using the marbleized panels


 I have used Sweet Blush and Aqua Mist reinkers to get my marbleized effect.


 I love the silhouette Life and Larger than Life images on the marbleized background.
 

This panel here was my trial panel and I love the subtle effect on it. Great technique. I have to try using with other colour combinations. After all I will have to buy shaving cream lol!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Have a great weekend!

Pin It

7 comments:

Jen Adcock said...

Um, in a word: WOW!

This is so cool. I have no idea what this technique involves but your killer cards have me excited to give it a go. Love the colours and the over all effect. Kudos!

Karen said...

AWESOME Gayatri!!! I loved that challenge too - heaps of messy fun! Lol

Your cards are lovely!

Karen
Xx

cards by cara said...

Love these!! I only had shaving gel as well but it worked out ok. Hope you are doing well! <3

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful cards and I really like the shillouette of of the flowers against the tye-dye background

Luanne said...

Just gorgeous! Love each one of your beautiful cards!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, how beautiful - I didn't try this one (no shaving cream) but I off to shop today to get some! Absolutely beautiful colour combo too :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

The pink and green combination turned out great! I love how you stamped the flowers over the tie dye pattern. Looks awesome!