Friday, July 18, 2014

Tag You're...it Challenge #2

Hey everybody,

Hope you enjoyed playing along the Tag you're It challenge #1 with Virginia's Tags. Today, I have a new tag challenge for you from Tag You're It Challenge. The inspirational tag for this challenge is from the very talented Laura Bassen. This is Laura;s gorgeous tag.


I love Laura's use of colours on the background with emboss resist. The gorgeous vellum leaves and the offset sentiment is awesome. I tried to recreate that on my tag below.

XOXO

I have used Hero Arts/ Studio Calico diamond background stamp on the background which I have white heat embossed. Then I colourewashed three distress ink - Worn Liptstick, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries. I love how distress inks blend. For the elements on the cluster, I have used the Lily Die Namics from MFT which I coloured using copics. The wood veneer leaf is from Simon Says Stamp June card kit. The vellum leaves are die cut using Palm Dies from Hero Arts. The bird cage is diecut using Memory Box cut out of silver glitter paper. The XOXO sentiment is die cut using MFT Hugs & Kisses die namics which is stacked glued and brushed with Wink of Stella pen. I then mounted this tag on my card front. I love the grey background on the card front which makes the card pops. The black glitter strip coordinates with the black sentiment. really love how my tag turned out inspired by Laura's tag.

xoxo card flat

Now, head over to Tag You're It Challenge Blog to see how Laura's tag inspired  our designers and our guest designers as well.

Now it is your turn to play. Cannot wait to see your take :)

My blog signature

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

soo pretty...the colors remind me of pink lemonade.

Wida said...

really brilliant photo of a powerful card! beautiful work Gayatri

Lisa H. said...

Gorgeous!!! Gah! Everything you make is beautiful.

Toni said...

Love how this turned out!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS take on Laura's tag, Gayatri! I love how you layered your elements and the colors are just beautiful! Thank you so much for your inspiration!

New Creations said...

Gayatri, I am your fan!! Your cards are always pretty and gorgeous as always !!! Love to watching them:)

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous tag Gayatri. The black glitter stripe is awesome looking. It really pulls the card together.

Marion said...

Fabulous Gayatri! So pretty.

Francesca Biancon said...

I love it!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Gayatri. Love that tag, the yellow flowers, the background... the little wood veneer leaf piece looks great.

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Gayatri! I love it!