Saturday, November 1, 2014

Curtain Call Challenge - Boho Bright


It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo credit:  chezboheme.com

We have a new sponsor, Verve Stamps, for the Curtain Call Inspiration: Boho Bright!  A randomly selected participant in the Boho Bright challenge will receive a $30 gift certificate to use at  Verve Stamps, while the LEAD will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!


I absolutely love the vibrant colours on the challenge graphics. My card is inspired by those colours.

Time to party 1

I have white heat embossed the frame and balloons on water colour paper. Then used Peerless watercolour sheets to add colour using wet on wet technique. This makes the white image pop out of the card. 

Time to party closeup

I also added some tiny spatter of the colours to tie everything together.I then added some Aquamarine, Amethyst and Marigold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to embellish the card. 

Time to party flat2

Love using watercolour wash to add colours. Pretty happy with my card. Hope you like it too.
Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Boho Bright for the challenge details and to play along with us!


My blog signature

9 comments:

New Creations said...

Love this creation in bright watercolors wash and the sentiment in embossed frame!

i'm with the band said...

This rocks! Now I need to go try it. =)

~amy~ said...

So Beautiful Gayatri! Gotta love those Peerless!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Gayatri. Love the vibrant colors and the white embossing. Amazing design.

Marisa said...

Fabulous water colouring and use of the white embossed images.

Cris G. said...

Gorgeous colors and stamps.
Your use of sequins is contagious... I've been using them much more often, lately :).

Melody said...

Just love the white embossing with the watercolor!

Becca Cruger said...

Oh my goodness golly! I saw this on the DT gallery and gasped. It's fantastic! I love the haphazard way you've watercolored this, instead of creating clean lines. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is absolutely stunning. So gorgeous!