Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Runway Inspired Challenge - #80


Hello folks,

Welcome to the new Runway Inspired Challenge - Nonoo




I absolutely LOVE the abstract watercolour pattern on the dress. Love the splash of orange. Here is my take on the Nonoo dress.

Have a Fabulous Day1

I started off with watercolour paper. I smooshed some Cracked Pistachio distress ink on the watercolour paper in two layers. Then I smooshed Black Soot distress ink randomly making sure some of the Cracked Pistachio is seen as well. Then I mixed Spiced Marmalade with watercolour brush and spattered some orange colour. That is my background.

have a fabulous day flat

For the focal pint, I die cut a tag using Wplus9 tag and tied orange twine to it. The butterfly is from Hero Arts Butterflies Stamp and Cut. I simply stamped the butterfly on watercolour paper and watercoloured using the Cracked Pistachio, Black Soot and Spiced Marmalade distress ink,  I then die cut the butterfly out. The body of the butterfly is die cut using black felt. I adhered the butterfly on the tag, stamped the sentiment and smaller butterflies also from the same stamp set from Hero Arts. Here is closeup of the butterfly.

Have a fabulous day closeup

I am pretty happy with the way my card turned out especially the background and butterfly.
Oh I love for you see what the Runway Inspired Design Teams projects for this challenge. Each of them have rocked it. Check it out at Runway Inspired Challenge Blog - Nonoo.

Come and play along with us.
Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

11 comments:

Suchi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suchi said...

Such a pretty card Gayatri! I loved the distressed background...it's so gorgeous!
Hugs,
Suchi xx

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Beautiful card with amazing BG ...loved the hint of orange with black !!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow! You really captured it! Fantastic!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Wow! You've grasped the idea of this photo so well! colour combo and texture are just right with small orange accents. Amazing, Gayatri!

Dawn T said...

Just fabulous. The colours are awesome and love the butterfly

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wowzers - did you chop off a piece of that fabric?? ;)... fabulous card!!!!!

Harriet said...

I am shaking my head.....such a brilliant idea.

jintyoo7 said...

How dramatic and utterly stunning :-D

maria f. said...

Drama, baby, drama. Love that fuzzy BG and the crispness of the tag.

Gaylynn said...

Your background is perfect and it really makes the butterfly stand out. Love it!!!