Monday, March 16, 2015

Sparkle and Shine Challenge #2


Good Morning everyone,

By now you should have heard about the new Sparkle and Shine challenge blog. This is for all you who love sequins. Today I am sharing my card for their second challenge as design team member of Winnie & Walter. Winnie & Walter are sponsoring the second challenge and it is a sketch challenge.



Here is my take on the sketch challenge.

Happy Birthday card 1

I have used the flowers from The Party stamp set to white heat emboss on watercolour paper. Then watercoloured them using Zig Gansai Tambi water colour. I also repeated this process on a separate piece of watercolour paper and cut three flowers out. 

Happy Birthday card closeup

For the sentiment, I added the tag in the middle with die cut the "Happy" from Winnie & Walter. Stamped the smaller sentiment on a strip of white card stock and adhered using foam adhesives. I then framed the sentiment with the cut out watercolour flowers.

Finally, I added Pretty Pink Posh sequins for each of the watercoloured flowers.

Happy Birthday flat 1

Come and play along to win


from Winnie & Walter.

Thanks for stopping by!

My blog signature

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

so pretty Gayatri. Your watercolour flowers are gorgeous.

Unknown said...

This is such a fun card Gayatri! LOVE all the colors!!

Winnie & Walter said...

This card is so lovely, Gayatri! Love the dimension, color and use of sequins are awesome.