Friday, January 8, 2016

Penny Black new release card - Always in my Heart!


Hiya everyone,

I cleaned up my craft room this morning. Took the whole morning with couple of helping hands to clean out my room. Lots of stuff needs new home now. I will be putting on a for sale page here over the weekend. So keep a look out.

The clean room was inviting to craft, I made a card. With Valentine's day fast approaching, Penny Black has released some gorgeous new stamp set and dies. They are all available for purchase at Penny Black store. Today's card is using Penny Black's new release stamp set called Happy Hearts and new die called Fancy Heart.

happy hearts picture  fancy heart picture


I love the details on the Fancy Heart die and the all the different border images on the Happy Hearts stamp set. This is my card.

Always in my heat

I white heat embossed the music border die on watercoloured paper. Then used Ken Oliver's Colorburst Orange and Alizarin Crimson colour to colour the entire background. This is my first time using Colorburst pigments. Although I have seen them used on videos, I was very cautious using it myself. So I sprayed the watercolour paper with water then added the pigment. The colours were not mixing with water initially, so sprayed more water, then I started using brush to aid it. I think Alizarin Crimson took over and most of my Orange colour got lost. I still love how the colours blended in certain places. I will be getting more of these pigments and using them. Although I am a control freak lol!, I still like unpredictable the results are using Colorburst.

Always in my heart flat

For the focal point, I die cut the Fancy Heart twice in white and once in gold foiled cardstock. Then stacked glued them for dimension. I adhered this towards the bottom centre of the panel. The sentiment is from Happy Hearts stamp set which I stamped on white cardstock, trimmed and adhered using foam adhesive. Finally embellished with Pretty Pink Posh Sparkly Clear sequins. The panel is adhered to a brushed gold card base.

Always in my heart closeup

I love the gorgeous red and orange background with gold detailed heart. Hope you like my card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

My blog signature

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Very beautiful!

Berina RGA said...

Such a lovely card Gayatri!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

CreativSpirit said...

A beautiful card, love the vibrant colours of the background too.

BeverlyBL said...

Such a pretty card. I love the Happy Hearts stamp set. Thanks for your beautiful card featuring it.

C. M. Taylor said...

How lovely and the red music background is the perfect fit! TFS

Jill said...

Just can't get enough of this one! Congrats on being featured on the Penny Black blog as a Fun Friday "Links We Love!"