Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Simon Says The Color of Love!

this is my second post for today. HERE is my first post.

Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Thank you for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too.
We will be back soon with the name of the lucky winner of the $50 Voucher
This week the challenge is

The Color Of Love 

It will be Valentine’s Day soon so anything with a love theme.
This week we are showcasing Reverse Confetti Products this week. You don’t have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store.

For the challenge I used Reverse Confetti's Lovey Words dies to make my card.

Forever Sweet card

Techniques used: Inlaid die cut, watercolouring and sponging & blending inks.

Instructions:

1. My card base is Fog card stock.

2. The card front panel is Bristol cardstock trimmed to 4"x5.25".

3. First I white heat embossed the heart shaped flower cluster from Simon Says Stamp's Roses for You stamp set on the centre bottom of the panel.

4. I coloured the image using Distress inks - Picked Raspberry, Candied Apple and Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn for the leaves.

5. Once dry, I sponged distress inks on the background. I used Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Picked raspberry and Candied Apple distress inks. Sponged from light to dark and back from dark to light to get a good blend.

6. I spattered clean clear water and moped it up. Then sprayed with Shimmer spray. It looks gorgeously shimmery :)

7. When dry, I used the dies from Reverse Confetti to die cut on top of the watecoloured heart shaped roses. I also die cut couple of more words using the same dies.

8. On the back of the panel, I adhered adhesive sheet. This helped me inlay the dies back in place.

9. I stacked glued the die cuts with the watercoloured die cut on top. Then I inlaid this stack back in place on the panel with all the bits and pieces as well.

10. I felt the top part of the panel was a bit bare. So I used Simon Says Stamp's falling Hearts Stencil and sponged darker shade of red and pink distress inks. That was the perfect subtle background I wanted on the panel.

11. I adhered this panel on the card base and embellished the card front with Sparkly Clear sequins.

Here is a closeup of the card and the dimension of the inlaid die cut sentiment.

Forever Sweet closeup


Forever Sweet closeup1

So now it’s YOUR turn.  Happy Crafting
Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too !
There are fabulous Give Aways and inspiration from fabulous designers on a daily basis over on the Simon Says Stamp Blog , if you haven’t subscribed by email you may want to so you don’t miss out.

Simon Says Stamp
You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in
No backlinking allowed, Only 5 new creations will be eligible in the prize draw
word-verif
Card Supplies:



Thank you so much for visiting my blog.

My blog signature

10 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Beautiful card Gayatri :-) I love the techniques you used here, the inlaid die cuts look fabulous! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous, love your background and super pretty roses. Jo x

Tracy Freeman said...

It is beautiful! Gorgeous inlay die cutting xxx

Virginia L. said...

What a STUNNER! Love this so much, Gayatri!

Lin said...

Swooooooon, Gayatri, this is my kind of card! Just adore your design, and I may borrow this idea for my DH's valentine!

Melissa Bove said...

Amazing card G! Such a fabulous design! Love this!

hugs...

desperatehousewifecraft said...

So many amazing details on your card Gayatri, really beautiful!

Maureen Reiss said...

Your card is sooooo Beautiful!!!

Stephanie said...

How beautiful! Love the heart of roses! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Caryn said...

This is just beautiful Gayatri - I love the deep red colour.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx